Saturday, October 10, 2009

Walking the Holy Land - for those who can't


The day we got the message that my mother, Lee, suffered from Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS), we knew that from that moment on we were facing a painful and despairing death: Her neurological disorder stole her ability to hug, to speak, to eat, to walk, to move her limbs and even to breathe. With gigantic effort she murmured to us "I love you."But we couldn't help her.

My mother, Lee Rabinowitz, died of Lou Gehrig's (ALS) in the summer of 2008.
In her memory , my wife Tzippi, my son Ezra and I, will start backpacking the entire Israel Trail from north to south, some 1,000 winding kilometers (625 miles). Our goal is to raise both ALS awareness and funds for ALS research in Israel. This is the best way we know to express thanks for our miraculous ability to walk.
We will be very encouraged in our journey if you join us: You can do that by viewing, in this website, our blogs, photos and video clips of Biblical sites as we progress.
And equally important, you can join our effort by "sponsoring" one or more kilometers, at $36/km, so that ALS research can advance as we advance. We deeply appreciate your participation in this effort.
Together we can do it. Let's walk the land for those who can't. Can I count on your support?

Many Thanks and Blessings, Allan Rabinowitz

No comments: